Thursday, January 05, 2006

Tigers May Be Interested in Tejada

According to The Boston Herald, the Tigers are one of six teams interested in Miguel Tejada who has expressed a desire to be traded from the Baltimore Orioles. It seems unlikely that the Tigers could put together a package that would satisfy the Orioles. I also imagine Tejada has some kind of no trade clause in his contract and since he wants to play for a winner, I doubt the Tigers would be one of his prime destinations. Still the idea is intriguing.

I'm not sure what the Orioles would want in return. They are not usually the type of organization which trades stars for prospects so they would likely want players who can help them now. I would guess that Carlos Guillen would be part of any package. The Orioles also want pitching help and I'm not sure the Tigers can offer help there unless they are interested in prospects. Another possibility (and this is pure speculation on my part) is that the Tigers are not interested in Tejada but want to get in on one of the three or four team deals that have been rumored.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Blog Archive

Subscribe

My Sabermetrics Book

My Sabermetrics Book
One of Baseball America's top ten books of 2010

Other Sabermetrics Books

Stat Counter